Chair, Mayor Woody Brown,
City of Largo
- TBRPC welcomes new Executive Director, Mr. Sean Sullivan, January 2016.
- 24th Annual Future of the Region Awards held at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg recognized projects in five new categories: Built Environment, Community Preparedness, Natural Environment, Transportation and Mobility, and Economy and Energy.
- TBRPC hosted a Fall Open House for members and stakeholders.
- TBRPC begins work on the Coastal Trail project which included a rural overlay study, assets and opportunities inventory atlas, branding and design guidance.
- Bay Soundings celebrates 15th year of publication.
- Courtney Campbell Causeway celebrates 11 years as a Florida Scenic Highway. The Council played a pivotal role in this important designation.
- TBRPC completed the Medical Tourism Study.
- The Economic Analysis Program completed 20 projects during 2016, including “The Cost of Doing Nothing” on Tampa Bay Sea Level Rise.
- The Tarpon Specialty License Plate reached $1.94 million raised in Tampa Bay since its inception.
- Over 370,000 copies of the official Disaster Planning Guide was produced for 8 counties in English and Spanish.