Chair, Commissioner Victor Crist,
- TBRPC hires new Executive Director, Mr. Sean Sullivan, formerly of Boston. His experience is extensive in the arena of transportation planning. Mr. Sullivan has worked with multiple transit agencies, Federal and State agencies, regional planning councils and local governments.
- TBRPC Welcome two new counties, Citrus County and Hernando County.
- 23rd Annual Future of the Region Awards was dedicated in memory of Julia Ellison Greene, former TBRPC Executive Director who founded the Future of the Region Awards Program. Her family was also presented with an honorary Herman Golder Regional Leadership in honor of her many contributions to the Tampa Bay region, the State of Florida and nationally. The awards program recognized 36 projects and programs for regional excellence.
- TBRPC hosts Energy Summit Tampa Bay. Information was presented on technology, trends, and policy issues that affect the energy future of the Tampa Bay region.
- TBRPC studies Medical Tourism for the Tampa Bay Region.
- TBRPC partners with the Tampa Bay Estuary Program for the Bay Area Scientific Information Symposium (BASIS 6). BASIS takes place every five years.
- ONEBAY: Coastal Resiliency-Projection of Sea Level Rise in Tampa Bay.
- TBRPC conducts economic analysis study for the Florida Strawberry Festival.
- In partnership with the Southwest Florida RPC, the TBRPC conducted and Advanced Manufacturing Cluster Study.
- The Pinellas portion of the Courtney Campbell Trail opens to the public.