Stormwater Outreach & Education Funding
Stormwater Outreach & Education Funding Opportunity
Each year the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council manages a stormwater education funding opportunity provided by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). This funding aims to support public involvement, education, and outreach efforts to improve the quality of stormwater runoff in the Tampa Bay region.
Projects must be located in Pinellas, Hillsborough or Pasco Counties.
Projects develop and implement creative public outreach programs and a variety of materials. All program materials and resources are available for use and Committee members and awardees are happy to share their information and tips.
For more ideas, you can review the projects funded over the past few years and check out pictures of our past projects below.
The FY2021 Stormwater Outreach and Education Funding is no longer accepting applications.
Due: Sept 8, 2020
Total estimated program funding: $90,000
Individual award ceiling: $15,000
Closing date for applications: Sept 8, 2020 (5pm)
Anticipated award announcement: Oct 1, 2020
Applications will be evaluated according to the following ranking criteria:
- Programs are strongly encouraged to target one of following audiences: 1) construction and development industry; 2) Homeowner Associations; 3) lawn care and landscaping companies; 4) tourism and hospitality businesses/organizations. Programs that engage youth and the general public will still be considered.
- Project is regionally appropriate and cross-jurisdictional collaboration is strongly encouraged
- Program and message results in increased awareness of water quality issues;
- Program and message results in behavior changes which lead to improved water quality;
- Defines clear participation and engagement strategies for target audiences;
- May be replicated by other entities;
- Project is consistent with the Tampa Bay Estuary Program’s Comprehensive Conservation & Management Plan, SWFWMD Springs SWIM Plans, and/or other federal environmental strategies and goals;
- Includes method for evaluating effectiveness;
- Positive cost-benefit ratio
Complete project applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00PM on September 8, 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
Public, private, and non-profit sector organizations can apply for the grant. Projects must be located in the FDOT District 7 counties of Pinellas, Hillsborough or Pasco.
The funds awarded are deemed a contractual services agreement, therefore there is no CSFA number assigned to the funds.
One application per project is required.
Yes, truck wraps are still acceptable, although we are trying to diversify projects. This why we are emphasizing creating educational campaigns and materials for new, specific target audiences.
The target audiences for the FY2021 grant include: 1) Local Governments; 2) Construction and development industry; 3) Homeowner Associations; 4) Lawn care and landscaping companies; 5) Tourism and hospitality businesses/organizations. Learn more
The funds should only go to supplies and educational/outreach materials related to your project. They cannot go towards equipment, overhead costs, or capital improvements. Therefore, you cannot bill for staff time or mileage.
Check out these fantastic videos made by Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful, available for everyone in the region to use on your websites and in your outreach efforts.