Stormwater Outreach & Education Grant
About the Stormwater Outreach & Education Grant
Each year the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council manages a stormwater education mini-grant funded by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). The grant aims to fund public involvement, education, and outreach efforts to improve the quality of stormwater runoff in the Tampa Bay region.
Projects must be located in Pinellas, Hillsborough or Pasco Counties.
Projects develop and implement creative public outreach programs and a variety of materials. All grant materials and resources are available for use and Committee members and awardees are happy to share their information and tips.
For more ideas, you can review the projects funded over the past few years and check out pictures of our past projects below.
The FY2021 Stormwater outreach and education application is now available.
Due: Sept 8, 2020
Total estimated program funding: $80,000
Individual award ceiling: $15,000
Closing date for applications: Sept 8, 2020 (5pm)
Anticipated Award Announcements: Oct 1, 2020
Applications will be evaluated according to the following ranking criteria:
- Programs are strongly encouraged to target one of following audiences: 1) construction and development industry; 2) Homeowner Associations; 3) lawn care and landscaping companies; 4) tourism and hospitality businesses/organizations. Programs that engage youth and the general public will still be considered.
- Project is regionally appropriate and cross-jurisdictional collaboration is strongly encouraged
- Program and message results in increased awareness of water quality issues;
- Program and message results in behavior changes which lead to improved water quality;
- Defines clear participation and engagement strategies for target audiences;
- May be replicated by other entities;
- Project is consistent with the Tampa Bay Estuary Program’s Comprehensive Conservation & Management Plan, SWFWMD Springs SWIM Plans, and/or other federal environmental strategies and goals;
- Includes method for evaluating effectiveness;
- Positive cost-benefit ratio